Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Sharing media from one iMac to another

I have two iMacs

• Mac 1 - one acting as a media server attached to a 4TB external HD and running iTunes - It's an older Mac iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) running High Sierra 10.13.6
  • Mac 2 - one being used as our everyday iMac 2021 model running Sonoma 14.4 and has Apple Music on it

I want to keep all my media files on the 4TB drive and connect my iTunes from Mac 1 to it and also connect my Apple Music from Mac 2.

What settings do I need to apply in Apple Music on Mac 2 to keep the files organized in the 4TB drive? Every time I delete the library on Mac 2, and restart Apple Music and try to access the media library, it wants to shuffle the contents to another "Music" Folder

Mac 1 organizes it to Media > Music

Mac 2 wants to shuffle everything to Media >Music > Music

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 11, 2024 1:10 PM

There are no replies.

Sharing media from one iMac to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.