How many months will the Apple Card give me to pay off $2000?

If I pay for an item that’s 2,000 dollars with my Apple Card, How many months will Apple Give me to pay Off 2000 dollars?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 11, 2024 4:00 PM

2 replies

May 11, 2024 4:34 PM in response to tyerek66

If you are asking about a purchase directly from Apple using the interest-free monthly installments option, the number of months depends on the type of item purchased, not the dollar amount of the purchase. Installments must be paid in 6, 12, or 24 months depending on the item purchased. See details in Products you can buy from Apple with Apple Card Monthly Installments - Apple Support

If you are asking about purchases from other vendors, the Apple Card Customer Agreement https://www.goldmansachs.com/terms-and-conditions/Apple-Card-Customer-Agreement.pdf has information about how they calculate the monthly minimum payment. See the following from that Customer Agreement:

Starting July 30, 2021, your “Minimum Payment Due” equals the greater of:

• The sum of $25 and any past due amounts; or
  • The sum of (i) 1% of the Total Balance (excluding any unpaid Daily Cash Adjustments), plus (ii) any unpaid Daily Cash Adjustments, plus (iii) any interest billed to your Account during that month. The sum of these amounts is rounded up to the nearest dollar, and then any past due amounts are added.

However, if the Total Balance is less than the above calculated amount, then the Minimum Payment Due equals the Total Balance.

If you accept a financing plan offer or offers for particular Transactions, such as Apple Card Monthly Installments, then the process below determines your Minimum Payment Due:

• First, we calculate the payment due for your balances that are not in a financing plan. We use the formula above to make this calculation, but we subtract the financing plan balance or balances from the Total Balance.
  • Second, we add any monthly repayment amount calculated pursuant to any financing plan or plans (which will be an amount disclosed to you and accepted by you, in connection with the plan or plans).
  • However, your Minimum Payment Due will never be greater than your Total Balance.

May 11, 2024 4:51 PM in response to tyerek66

Are you inquiring about Apple Card Monthly Installments (ACMI) depending on the item, 12 months for a $2000 computer or computer related accessories. The only 24 month term item is reserved for iPhones. The payment is simply the amount divided by 12 or 24. Tax must be paid upfront and Apple Care cannot be financed in some instances. The ACMI payments are interest free.

If you purchase outright and don’t use ACMI, you’ll pay interest at a fairly high rate and it’s compounded daily. A $2000 charge paying 30% for 36 months would be about $85 a month.

Apple Card - Monthly Installments - Apple

Products you can buy from Apple with Apple Card Monthly Installments - Apple Support

How to view and pay Apple Card Monthly Installments - Apple Support

How many months will the Apple Card give me to pay off $2000?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.