Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

HomePod, Siri can't find 'Favourite Songs' in Apple Music Library

Hi Everyone,

I have a three 1st generation HomePods scattered around my home and had them for years. In the past, I could ask Siri on the HomePod to "play my favourites" with no problem. I have over 1200 songs in my Favourites playlist when looking in the Music app, with Siri being able to play the songs from the iPhone.

However, now when I ask Siri on the HomePods to "play my favourites" or "play favourites songs" or "play the playlist favourite songs" Siri keeps coming back with "I couldn't find my favourites in your Apple Music Library"

I have checked all my Apple Music settings, reset the HomePods and re-set them up, but all to no avail.

Funny enough, I can ask Siri to play Favourites on the CarPlay while driving and all works perfectly.

Scratching my head here. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bucko1

Posted on May 11, 2024 5:13 PM

1 reply

May 12, 2024 2:13 PM in response to bucko1

I solved the issue.

I ended up reloading my iPhone. I started having issues with Siri on the device and it got to the stage where I couldn't make a call or send a text when I asked. A reload later and now my HomePods and Phone and working well again.

I hope that can help anyone else have an issue.

HomePod, Siri can't find 'Favourite Songs' in Apple Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.