Apple Music playlist folders aren't available on my phone or iPad?

I used to use my music professionally through Apple Music. I had it all sorted by year and event into folders on my Mac. I could scroll past them easily into more current playlists, but I liked having them there.

I haven't done much with that music lately, but I want to keep it. Friends often want me to refer back to it.

Problem is that my phone and iPad have a dog's breakfast on the Music app as all my playlists, hundreds of them, are mixed together alphabetically. For me, it makes Apple Music unusable. Or almost. In fact, it's part of the reason I signed up for Spotify. To listen to a newer playlist on Music I have to scroll and scroll through playlists that are poorly named except if they are viewed on the MacBook.

I have read other threads that make it clear this cannot happen. And yadda, yadda, give us feedback then hold your breath. Yeah, no thanks. And even now, I have to start a new question rather than comment on a thread that has good background already.

I spent years creating those playlist and keeping them organized. They represent my own music history. I'm attached to them the way others are attached to photo albums. By getting rid of a simple thing like folders in Music in iOS Apple is pushing me to Spotify.

I could accept this a lot easier if I knew the "because". What is the reason for this decision?

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on May 11, 2024 5:31 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Music playlist folders aren't available on my phone or iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.