Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple TV stuck on computers and settings screen

I think I have a 1st Gen Apple TV (maybe 2nd) when I turn it on it is stuck on the computers and settings screen. When I click the remove the devise lights up like it is receiving the message from the remote however nothing moves on the screen. It was working perfectly the day before, anyone have a fix for this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on May 11, 2024 7:41 PM

4 replies

May 13, 2024 10:46 AM in response to babymoo1434

I believe you should be able to re-configure the network settings again.

Settings﹥Network﹥…

1. Try the steps as mentioned in: If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. For Apple TV (4th generation or earlier), verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use ‘WPA2/WPA3 Transitional’. Some users report that they had to set ‘WPA2’-only first.

May 12, 2024 4:51 PM in response to babymoo1434

If it was working perfectly the day before, then it isn’t a 2007 1st generation model.

If you only see the Computers app and the Settings app, then you have a 2nd or 3rd generation model that doesn’t have a functional internet connection. All the other apps would load from the internet for these models.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

If the Apple TV box doesn’t do anything with signals from the remote (except blinking the status light), then that remote isn’t linked to the box at that time.

See: If your Apple TV remote isn't working (2nd half of the page) - Apple Support - Internet Archive

Do both steps with the current remote; both the unlinking (erasing previous link) and then the linking.

Apple TV stuck on computers and settings screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.