Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Text Message on Account Recovery

I have tried 5 times recovering my mother’s account without any success because we don’t have any spare phone at home and she needs to use her phone on daily basis. Please help …

If you submitted your account recovery request with iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Using that device might cancel account recovery. -> I tried submitting the request through my laptop’s browser, does it mean the device can still be used ?

What does it mean to “avoid using the device” ? Turn it off totally until the whole proceas finishes ? Or leave it on untouched ?

Check the status of your request

At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.

Tried this also and it sends an OTP to mobile number which means checking the status force user to use the device (unless apple expects user to have spare device to be used during this period).

Posted on May 11, 2024 9:44 PM

1 reply

Text Message on Account Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.