Critical Threat VPN Scam - Shared all my Info & Paid subscription

Hi,

I clicked on a website that advertised a free movie, and at the link I got a pop up message in the Apple formatting saying my iPhone was hacked and I am being tracked. The pop up said to protect my phone, to download this app, “VPN Care - Carefull Protection”, which I did. In my panic, I again recieved a pop up which said that my phone was hacked and I am in danger, which asked for a subscription and I selected and paid for it. It also asked to check if various areas have yet been assessed for danger (ex. saved passwords, ad blocker, iPhone password, IP address, etc) which I clicked all of them and saw all of my passwords displayed when i did, until they showed a green verified mark. It wasn’t until I saw a word strangely misspelled that I realized it’s definetely a scam. I ended the subscription immediately and changed my iphone password but i have no idea how to change all my saved passwords or what else I’m in danger of.

Ive never used an iPhone before so I totally thought the Apple pop up was legit, have I breached all of my information? What in the world do i do to try to change anything leaked and protect my information?

Posted on May 12, 2024 12:51 AM

There are no replies.

Critical Threat VPN Scam - Shared all my Info & Paid subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.