Safari tabs and tab groups disappeared

I opened safari this morning and all my tabs and tab groups are gone. They don’t show up in recently closed tabs and going through my history is a nightmare because some of these tabs I’ve had saved in tab groups for ages and haven’t opened them recently. I have the close tabs settings to manual so it won’t have been this.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 13, 2024 2:16 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2024 4:47 PM in response to ClaireH1997

I too, was experiencing great frustration because tab groups that I created on the Mac air, with times not appear on the iPad or iPhone. Tab groups are an absolutely wonderful feature. So after many unsuccessful searches, I spent some time poking around.  The steps I was taking to attempt to open the tab group were what seems intuitive enough, that is, open safari, touch the bookmark icon at bottom, click on tab group favorites and poof I thought I lost them all. Instead try opening safari and touching recent tabs icon in lower right, then touch what I have recently heard described as the burger icon (three horz lines). This is where I found my tab groups intact. Not sure if it suppose to work that way or not. But for my situation I found what I thought I had lost. 

Safari tabs and tab groups disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.