Is it possible to use a Mac and PC simultaneously on Multiple displays?

I have been working mobile for some time via my Mac, now the office is moving to a PC to work from. They will be sending me a laptop, docking station and monitor.

I would love if I can have both of them running and be able to either have one displaying on one monitor , and the Mac on the other (probably easy to do), but also have either on both monitors, and be able to switch back and forth from PC to Mac using the multiple screen option.

The Mac setup with screen sharing and the multi-desktop has been great from switching from work desktop to the my Mac. Just have no Idea if/how you can do that on/with a PC?

Posted on May 16, 2024 6:58 AM

1 reply

May 16, 2024 8:31 AM in response to Jon Lopiano

It sounds like you want both devices to have access to the same display, if I’m understanding you correctly. You can achieve this with basically any monitor with dual inputs.

Using this Dell display purely as an example, you could connect your Mac using USB Type-C and your PC using HDMI, then you could use the interface on the monitor itself to quickly switch between your devices. Depending on your other peripherals, you could have a mouse and keyboard with switching options, use the keyboard and trackpad built into your devices, or use two sets of mice and keyboards.

You can also use software like Duet Display to pipe your Mac or PC’s display to the other device, or ShareMouse to enable Mouse Without Borders functionality across both your Mac and PC.

Is it possible to use a Mac and PC simultaneously on Multiple displays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.