Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Downloading Microsoft products

I was recently issued a new iPad for work and I can't download any of the Microsoft products I need for work. Our company's help desk is saying I need to do a factory reset, but I just took it out of the box lol

Posted on May 16, 2024 12:32 PM

2 replies

May 16, 2024 1:21 PM in response to Otter_51201

You are leaving out a lot of details. Is the device enrolled in an MDM? Are the Microsoft Apps volume licensed via Apple Business/School Manager? Are the apps configured in your MDM and scoped to deliver to the device(s)? Are you seeing any errors on the device? Are you trying to login in with an Apple ID or use App Store and being blocked?

If this is an institutional device under management, it is possible that the App Store is prohibited. In this case, all apps will come from the management server, usually through automated install. It is also possible that the apps are available from a Self Service app. This will offer you a catalog of approved apps that you are free to install. Does your device have any apps on it other than the Apple default apps?

If the device is managed by your organization, your help desk is the only place to get help. A fully supervised device is managed by your organization and the experience should be tailored for your workflow.

May 16, 2024 8:37 PM in response to Strontium90

I had to make three separate calls to our help desk for them to tell me that they couldn't find anything wrong. We do use a "store" that has nothing but approved apps, but it won't let me download the Microsoft apps. Just the Microsoft apps. It was spinning for hrs. No error screen, it just spins. Restarting the iPad to try to download again yields the same results.

I asked here as a last ditch attempt to get the dumb thing to work while sitting on the 3rd call, wishing I could just do my job.

Downloading Microsoft products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.