Apple TV+ not playing Apple original content via chrome browser on android device

I have an Apple TV+ subscription which I use on my Pixel via the Chrome browser. I am able to play very few select movies and shows. All content I am selecting bears the Apple logo, meaning original content. When I select the show I want to watch (i.e. Masters of the Air) it's asking for payment information. My understanding is this should be provided via subscription.

I am aware that any non-Apple original content is provided via payment, but the ones I am choosing specifically are Apple original, at least to my understanding.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Posted on May 17, 2024 1:54 PM

4 replies

May 19, 2024 4:02 AM in response to JackShiott

Web access to Apple TV+ may ask for card information, to verify with the payment method on file, as a verification method for age restricted content. (I assume that the thought is that a minor shouldn’t have access to the payment method of the parent.)

Parental controls for Apple TV+ on the web - Apple Support

Once set, the age restrictions (if any) would apply to all web access for Apple TV+ (on any computer or mobile) on that account.

It wouldn’t be about any new payment.

May 19, 2024 7:56 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Ok. Then there's a rub. The account is shared through a relative, and account is set up through T-Mobile, which as you might know is the "payment method" being used.

Would it suffice that I just put my own card information in there, and would that work? Or does it have to match the payment method on file?

All content restrictions on the original account are set to full adult as well.

Thanks!

Apple TV+ not playing Apple original content via chrome browser on android device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.