Overlay to hide old logo on existing movie

I have a series of old movies (tutorials) created using my original logo that has since changed. I'd like to use an overlay with the new logo.

When I drop the new logo on top of the original it only lasts four seconds and fades away revealing the old logo. I've tried dragging the new one over the length of the original movie, five + minutes and longer, but it repeatedly fades away then comes back over the length of the movie, it's very distracting.

Is there a way to 1) stop the fading, and 2) stretch it over the entire length of the movie? I have over 90 short tutorials/movies I need to do this for and would like to find an easy solution rather than having to re-record all of them just to replace my old logo with the new one.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 18, 2024 8:40 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2024 12:53 PM in response to Mav08

Insert you logo image into the time line. Drag out your logo image to match the duration of the video clip. Place the logo image in the upper timeline above the video. Click on the logo image to select it and use the Picture in Picture feature to overlay it onto the video at the size and position that you want it to overlay the older logo. To eliminate fading, set the transition option to Dissolve and enter 0 in the transition duration box. Click on the little blue reset button located in the upper right of the screen to apply your settings. That should give you a logo overlay that will last for the duration of the video.

-- Rich

Overlay to hide old logo on existing movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.