Someone knows how to add yellow guide lines on multiple pages in Pages?

How can I create a yellow guideline on Pages in the Word process document? To do it but to have it on every page or multiple pages in the document.

In Adobe InDesign I can do it on the master page, Here is a different platform and I don't have any idea how to do it.

Thanks In advance!

Posted on May 18, 2024 9:01 PM

7 replies

May 19, 2024 3:56 PM in response to Vinnie777

Hi Vinnie,

Vinnie777 wrote:

Thank you so much for reply!
im working also with Adobe InDesign. Apple has a lot to learn fro Adobe,
here are so much points that missing in Pages
1.Adobe has those options on the Master page.
2.i can add a page once I set up the doc for 100 pages and let’s say between 50 and 51 I want to put a new page, thus option Adobe has as well.
3.to set up the header and footer on the open book on the left page on left and on the right page on right.
Anyway if you know solutions for all those problems In Pages I’ll be happy to hear
Thanks
  1. Pages Word Processing documents have a Section Layout (a background layer). You could insert Line Shapes in lieu of the Guides and and move them to the background (Menu > Arrange > Section Layouts > Move Objects to Section Layout). The lines will appear on every page of that Section. You can delete the lines when your document is finished (Menu > Arrange > Section Layouts > Make Layout Objects Selectable).
  2. Pages allows new pages to be inserted.
  3. Pages has Facing Pages and Left and Right Pages are Different.

Regards,

Ian.

May 19, 2024 6:13 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you so much for reply!

im working also with Adobe InDesign. Apple has a lot to learn fro Adobe,

here are so much points that missing in Pages

1.Adobe has those options on the Master page.

2.i can add a page once I set up the doc for 100 pages and let’s say between 50 and 51 I want to put a new page, thus option Adobe has as well.

3.to set up the header and footer on the open book on the left page on left and on the right page on right.

Anyway if you know solutions for all those problems In Pages I’ll be happy to hear

Thanks

May 19, 2024 6:54 AM in response to Vinnie777

Apple did not set out to create a free consumer application for the average Mac user that rivals Adobe InDesign in feature set. Your learning points are irrelevant if you want to use Pages instead of InDesign.

If you have grown weary of the Adobe subscription, you might consider the single-purchase of Affinity Publisher 2 which features the ability to import InDesign content.

May 19, 2024 1:30 PM in response to VikingOSX

I don’t want to use Adobe instead of Pages, I want to have my book in more platforms, as possible, if I have one platform this don’t reject the other one! More platforms more opportunities!

There are different platforms I have 12 books that want to have them in all popular

platforms as:

Amazon, Google play , Apple & Barn & nobble.

with Three of the platforms I can Use Adobe, with only one platform like Apple I need to create everything from the scratch.

in the process I am just looking to do all those things automatically. Just looking to make my job easy , just need help.

For me Adobe is the best ever software created for books, but don’t works with the pages software, have to work hard.

Anyway thank you so much, for your reply makes a huge sense! Thank you

May 19, 2024 4:03 PM in response to Vinnie777

Pages is the wrong tool for mashing a button and generating an EPUB3 that is compatible with all e-book stores.

Apple's Pages will export an EPUB3 that is intended for the Apple Book Store. That EPUB3 contains Apple-specific code for styling that EPUB3.

If you want to mash a button and automatically generate concurrent bookstore books, then Vellum might be worth a look. It takes a Word DOCX document as input. Its unlimited Vellum Press Ebook + paperback licensing is currently $249, and $199 for unlimited Ebook publishing. Vellum is frequently updated without charge as the App itself is free. Depending on the content you wish to publish, Vellum may or may not be the appropriate tool.

May 19, 2024 5:29 PM in response to Yellowbox

Hello Yellowbox…..

First thank you so much for the reply

what to say….. ? The ball is in my court now,

as I see not Apple have to change something…. I am the guy that don’t know…

I am really happy that the problem is in me not in someone else!

I am just in process and like to learn, do a changes in my daily life. This makes me happy!

Everything that you wrote is highly appreciated, Thank you so much!

Someone knows how to add yellow guide lines on multiple pages in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.