AirPlay won’t work with Sportsnet + app - Apple TV

Hello. So last week I was able to mirror and airplay my Sportsnet + ap on Roku to watch the nhl playoffs. No issues.

Now I’m at a different location with Apple TV. Same app (sportsnet+) but now I can’t AirPlay it. As soon as I do the game will not play, just a black screen. But if I turn mirror off , the game plays on the app on my iPad but not on the tv. Other apps work, as I’ve tried to see if it was an issue for others but only this one. I’m on the same wifi and all that, nothings changed except I’m using Apple TV now and not Roku to AirPlay thru.

what’s my issue?

thank you

iPad Air 2

Posted on May 18, 2024 10:56 PM

8 replies

May 19, 2024 1:26 PM in response to Kingsfan92

I don’t have Sportsnet to test for you. I’m watching on cable.

See: Sportsnet AirPlay

Does the Sportsnet iOS app support Apple AirPlay?

Yes.

The Sportsnet app does allow you to stream your Sportsnet+ live streams via AirPlay.

You must however use the Airplay controls within the video player, and not using Screen mirroring enabled from the iOS Command Center.

Instructions:

• Open the Sportsnet+ section of the app and initiate playback of a live stream
  • Tap on the AirPlay icon on the row of player controls (if you do not initially see the AirPlay icon try to lock and unlock your screen to see if the icon appears after the unlock)
  • Select the Apple TV device you would like to AirPlay to
  • The Airplay icon will turn blue once a successful AirPlay playback session has started

May 27, 2024 7:51 PM in response to Kingsfan92

I have used airplay or screen mirroring to stream Sportsnet from my iphone to a Samsung screen for a couple of weeks.

Now neither works. Any other App will work using screen mirroring including Youtube. The problem is Sportsnet specific.

There is an online advisory that you can’t use screen mirroring for Sportsnet. The help article states that you have to use the Air Play controls within the Sportnet app. That worked but only for a few minutes then stopped working ?

Whats going on with Sportsnet Air play problems ?

AirPlay won’t work with Sportsnet + app - Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.