Credit card could not be added (bank didn't even see the requests)

Hello,

I tried to add a new card into my wallet. During this first try everything seemed to be fine. Then I has a problem which at the point where I have to verify with a code which is sent via SMS by the bank. I used the wrong code because I got two SMS and used the wrong one. There were an option for a different type of validation which I selected. The different method was to call the bank. I did this. After 15 minutes in the waiting line I was frustrated and then with an unvalidated status I deleted the card to start over for myself because now I now which SMS I have to take.

When I try to add the card now again I always get only the option to call my bank. I did this and they don't get further validation requests in there system (Amex). Normally they see the request and could act. The bank account is free and valid. The bank is will give access but cannot see the requests.

Help, please.

Posted on May 19, 2024 1:12 AM

4 replies

May 20, 2024 5:01 AM in response to frbie

That’s great news.

The freeze is from your bank or Payment Network Operator (Mastercard, Visa etc.). Apple is not a bank. Your bank and PNO do the verifications and freeze activity. Apple can’t overrule the bank. It looks like you were using AmEx and that can be an advantage because they are the bank and PNO and can more easily lift the freeze when they’re positive on verifications.

I hope you have a great week!

Credit card could not be added (bank didn't even see the requests)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.