Logic can't find sound library (external drive) after updating to Logic Pro 11

Running out of space on my new iMac so I got Logic Pro X to move its Sound Library to my external SSD. Having recently updated to Logic Pro 11, it now can't/won't find the Sound Library. Everything's greyed out! As a last resort, I'm re-downloading/re-installing the whole Sound Library, again to the external SSD (fingers crossed). Any suggestions?

iMac 24″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 19, 2024 4:01 AM

4 replies

May 19, 2024 3:38 PM in response to cobby54

I had the same problem and what I had to do was make sure Rosetta was turned off. Rosetta is used to open third-party plugins, and since the update fixes a lot of the problems we may have had in the past with our plugins not working due to these M1-M2-and M3 chips there is no need to use it.

at the top of your screen click on go, then go to applications, find logic pro x, then right-click and scroll down to get info and make sure open with rosetta isn't checked. You should be able to open logic right up.

if that doesn't work then keep trying or call Apple support.. I hope that will help you..

Logic can't find sound library (external drive) after updating to Logic Pro 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.