Canon printer missing half the lines on page

iMac running Catalina, as cannot support newer OS, with Canon TS 6250, running perfectly including Pages and printing until today. From Pages (11.1 2031 .0.102), now prints 3 lines, then blank, then 3 more lines, etc for whole page. Normally using USB cable but tried wireless with same result. No help on Canon website. Any ideas please

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 19, 2024 9:34 AM

6 replies

May 19, 2024 9:38 AM in response to JBowfin

Remove the Printer in th System Preferences, and add it back with the Option key held down. That forces the open source drivers to load.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer/products/printers/pixma/ts-series/pixma-ts6250.html?type=drivers&language=EN&os=macOS%2010.15%20(Catalina)

indicates only AirPrint works in Catalina for this printer and has a reference to adding the AirPrint drivers.

May 19, 2024 10:20 AM in response to a brody

Many thanks for quick reply. I reckon I must have been using Airprint for years, if this Canon only works with Airprint!

But it has now come up with a new screen "we have a problem, probably with the print head, take it to a service centre". !!

I am very busy. so it's off for a new printer, I guess.

Thanks again, however

Canon printer missing half the lines on page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.