Child can't share contact photo with us

Our child under 13 can’t share his contact photo with us even, nor can he see ours. We are in his contacts - both in his default Outlook.com account - and I tried add a linked contact in his iCloud account even. Our phone numbers and email addresses including our Apple IDs are in both contacts. Same for his - just his email address, though. He has just an iPad for now.

All OS and app updates are installed.

I’ve also checked numerous times that contact photo sharing is enabled for contacts in Messages and Contact settings. We can see the photo he set in the Family settings, though he’s not seeing our daughter’s photo in Family. She’s over 13.

How can I get Contact photos working. We recently switched from Android and even friends’ contact photos started showing up for me if they have iPhones so the problem doesn’t seem on my end. Is this just an age issue inherent in Apple’s ecosystem? I see nothing in the safety settings we have set up, which are mostly default settings.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 19, 2024 10:29 AM

1 reply

May 20, 2024 9:54 AM in response to mrhestew

I tried a bunch of other things so I’m not sure what did I, but seems adding our contacts to his iCloud account worked after a time. Do contacts have to be in the iCloud account as opposed to Outlook.com or other services? I think not since several other people with iPhones show their pics on my phone - they are all in Outlook for me.

Child can't share contact photo with us

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.