Use different Family id’s on one iPad

Hi! How can I arrange that my kids can log on to my iPad but with their kids profiel with limitations?

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 19, 2024 10:38 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2024 10:51 AM in response to BKruseKoster

Outside of Educational and Enterprise establishments, iPad and iPhone are principally intended to be a single-user device - and are not intended to shared in the same manner as you may be accustomed when using a Windows PC or Mac computer - which has multiple user profiles/accounts.

For managed environments, where multi-user usage is possible, the Deployment Guide provides appropriate guidance.

Shared iPad overview – Apple Support

For unmanaged environments, be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days. So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

In conclusion, unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider any attempt to share your iPad with another user.

Use different Family id’s on one iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.