Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

If one AirPod is louder than the other

When I listening to my AirPods it sounds like my right AirPod is slightly louder than the left. I even replaced the left one on an Apple Store, but still having the same issue. Unpair/Pair was another try.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AIRPODS

Posted on Apr 5, 2017 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2024 8:02 AM

One of the most common reasons why one AirPod may sound louder than the other is the accumulation of dirt, dust, or earwax on the speaker grills. To clean your AirPods, you can use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to wipe the surface of each AirPod. You can also use a dry cotton swab to reach the hard-to-reach areas, such as the small cracks and crevices.

For the speaker grills, you can use a soft-bristle brush or a toothbrush to gently brush away any debris that may be stuck on them. Do not use any liquid or sharp objects to clean your AirPods, as this may damage them or cause water damage. After cleaning your AirPods, make sure they are completely dry before placing them in the charging case or using them again. This way, you can ensure that your AirPods sound balanced and clear.

I might say this is the best method to fix this issue, However there are other fixes too, but I can't elaborate each one, its best you search on google and find a relevant guide or you can visit this guide that has provided 8 Solutions on how to fix volume on one AirPod lounder then other

1,179 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2024 8:02 AM in response to paulosoaresf

One of the most common reasons why one AirPod may sound louder than the other is the accumulation of dirt, dust, or earwax on the speaker grills. To clean your AirPods, you can use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to wipe the surface of each AirPod. You can also use a dry cotton swab to reach the hard-to-reach areas, such as the small cracks and crevices.

For the speaker grills, you can use a soft-bristle brush or a toothbrush to gently brush away any debris that may be stuck on them. Do not use any liquid or sharp objects to clean your AirPods, as this may damage them or cause water damage. After cleaning your AirPods, make sure they are completely dry before placing them in the charging case or using them again. This way, you can ensure that your AirPods sound balanced and clear.

I might say this is the best method to fix this issue, However there are other fixes too, but I can't elaborate each one, its best you search on google and find a relevant guide or you can visit this guide that has provided 8 Solutions on how to fix volume on one AirPod lounder then other

Mar 21, 2021 8:25 PM in response to paulosoaresf

There are two main problems that could be causing this: volume settings or dirty airpods.

The former is simply fixed by going to settings -> general -> accessibility -> audio/visual and then scrolling down to the bottom to see the scroll bar that controls how loud one speaker is over the other. Adjust it to your needs.

however, if you still find that your airpods sound muffled or that just didn’t plain work, the solution is cleaning them. You should already have a set cleaning regime for them to improve and maintain good sound quality. However, I will share mine (that includes the suction method that some mentioned here as well minus the gross sucking-with-your-mouth part).

1. take a vacuum cleaner, shop-vac, or something of that nature with a small nosil. put the AirPod up to the nosil and turn the vacuum on. create a suction by patching up most air pockets. hold this at 15 second increments for 2-3 times per/AirPod.
  2. next, take a toothpick and scrape the inside edges where a lot of ear wax, hair, and dirt builds up. Repeat this for ALL THREE holes on the AirPod (although you may think you don’t need to clean the other two holes, you do).
  3. Next, take sticky tack (like, the stuff you use to hang up posters) and taking a small bit, mold the sticky tack to the inside of the hole and press down to where the sticky tack is now inside the hole. Pull upwards and repeat as many times as needed (make sure to change out your sticky tack frequently and do this for all three holes).
  4. Finally, to finish this off, take a cotton swab and douse it with rubbing alcohol. Wring it out slightly and rub it all over the airpods (including inside the holes).

Now, if neither of these things work you may have broken/damaged airpods on your hands.

as shown by the image, I had the latter as my problem and this cleaning method worked really well and now my sound quality and volume is 100x better for both airpods! This is what came out of my airpods using the sticky tack, and I can only imagine what came out with the suction.

Mar 27, 2021 1:27 AM in response to paulosoaresf

Mine does this too.

Things i have done:

1. cleaned the Airpod with microfibre cloth, bluetack and even a toothpick
  2. un paired the airpod from iphone, paired to another iphone
  3. sucked into it
  4. checked accessibility for the slider however in middle

I have brought about 3 pairs of Airpods (from Officeworks) in 2020 alone and this isn't acceptable. Please fix this Apple.

Nov 30, 2017 1:42 AM in response to paulosoaresf

The following steps may help:

Check your settings:

• On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Accessibility > under "Hearing", check and, if required, adjust the audio volume balance slider between the left and right channels.

Clean your AirPods:

Apr 22, 2018 8:10 PM in response to paulosoaresf

Hello,

I just got my new AirPods and as soon as I tried them, noticed that I had to put my volume level higher... but the right one is considerably lower than the right.

I’ve read the solution about sucking, but if mine was like that from the beginning, where there was no time for ear wax to get in there yet. Should I go and try to exchange them?

May 12, 2020 5:20 PM in response to paulosoaresf

paulosoaresf Said:

"If one AirPod is louder than the other When I listening to my AirPods it sounds like my right AirPod is slightly louder than the left. I even replaced the left one on an Apple Store, but still having the same issue. Unpair/Pair was another try. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?"

-------

Troubleshoot This:

Try the Troubleshooting Tips on these Apple Support Links:

Feb 27, 2021 1:21 AM in response to rica13

If you’re here in 2021 and you want to know if the sucking technique works on AirPods Pro... it does. Had a pair with one ear lower I kept them but didn’t use because of this problem... five mites ago I tried the technique and the lower rapid is back louder than ever. Did taste faint ear wax thigh which sucked. Mouthwash immediately after and you’re good!

If one AirPod is louder than the other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.