Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory upgrades for iMac (Retina 4k, 21.5-inch, 2019)

Hi,

Should I be able to upgrade my memory from 8GB to either 16GB or 32GB? My computer was bought in May 2019, its a 21.5inch iMac Retina 4k, Processor 3.6Ghz Quad-Core Inter Core i3, memory 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4. If it's possible, how do I go about doing that?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 8:47 AM

The RAM on that model of iMac be upgraded, but it requires as mentioned complete disassembly.

Apple themselves will not do it, but suggest Authorized Service providers can do so.

The ram on that model can be upgraded all the way to 64GB if you really wanted to.

Contact your nearest Authorized service provider for help and pricing.

See here: Install memory in an iMac - Special Notes - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2020 8:47 AM in response to Ewald20

The RAM on that model of iMac be upgraded, but it requires as mentioned complete disassembly.

Apple themselves will not do it, but suggest Authorized Service providers can do so.

The ram on that model can be upgraded all the way to 64GB if you really wanted to.

Contact your nearest Authorized service provider for help and pricing.

See here: Install memory in an iMac - Special Notes - Apple Support

Memory upgrades for iMac (Retina 4k, 21.5-inch, 2019)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.