Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot control what the remote does

Today as I was watching a video on Youtube (on Apple TV), everything started going haywire. It sped up 10 seconds, then backwards 10 seconds. I was finally able to get back out onto the main menu, but everything was being selected on it's own. It was like the device had a mind of it's own. I couldn't control it anything. It was going so fast, and on it's own.

This is the first time this has ever happened.

I went in and had the device go through the factory service setting, and yet, it continued to happen after that.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 12:30 PM

Control the touch surface sensitivity on the Siri Remote - Apple Support

Change tracking sensitivity

Open Settings  on Apple TV.

1. Go to Remotes and Devices > Touch Surface Tracking.
  2. Select Fast to make smaller thumb movements move farther on the Apple TV screen. Select Slow to reduce tracking sensitivity.

Navigate Apple TV - Apple Support

You likely touched the edge of the touch surface trackpad which will skip ahead or rewind 10 seconds

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 12:30 PM in response to Doug Brock

Control the touch surface sensitivity on the Siri Remote - Apple Support

Change tracking sensitivity

Open Settings  on Apple TV.

1. Go to Remotes and Devices > Touch Surface Tracking.
  2. Select Fast to make smaller thumb movements move farther on the Apple TV screen. Select Slow to reduce tracking sensitivity.

Navigate Apple TV - Apple Support

You likely touched the edge of the touch surface trackpad which will skip ahead or rewind 10 seconds

cannot control what the remote does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.