Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my saved passwords are wrong

My passwords are saved in MacBook Air in preferences but when I go to auto fill, wrong passwords to websites show up. For example when I tried to autofill my cell phone provider a different website showed up. I tried another one and again website was wrong.

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 9:32 AM

Hey there Int24,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. To verify, if you delete one of the affected passwords and add it back, does it then work with the correct website? 

Make sure your device is completely up to date:

How to update the software on your Mac

Make sure you’re not using a private browsing window.

We hope this helps. Take care. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 9:32 AM in response to Int24

Hey there Int24,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. To verify, if you delete one of the affected passwords and add it back, does it then work with the correct website? 

Make sure your device is completely up to date:

How to update the software on your Mac

Make sure you’re not using a private browsing window.

We hope this helps. Take care. 

Feb 28, 2022 10:50 AM in response to Int24

Hey Int24,

If deleting and adding the password back resolved it for the site, you may want to try this with other sites that are being affected. This could resolve the issue for all affected items. As far as testing this in a Private Browsing window, this just helps us further isolate what is causing this.

If deleting and adding back doesn’t resolve this for other sites, reach out to Apple Support at the following link so they can look further into this with you:

Contact Apple Support

Regards.

my saved passwords are wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.