Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE

A few years ago i owned an iphone SE, the first version. I owned the phone for about 7 or 8 months before i was scrolling one night and the display slowly went red and faded to black, since then it hasn’t worked, i haven’t tried to fix it apart from attempting to charge it, when i did that the phone warmed up but nothing happened, it doesn’t vibrate when toggling the switch or anything, does anyone know if this is screen related or the phone is just gone? If so is there anyway i can get it working again as i have some memories on the phone that i can’t access as i used a different icloud back then. Obviously i understand if not as i haven’t given much to go off but i genuinely don’t understand what happened to it. 😂

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 3:30 PM

Based on what you posted, it may be possible that one or more hardware components on this iPhone failed. FWIW, I have had a both the 1st & 2nd gen models, and currently have the 3rd gen one, and never experienced anything like this on any of them.

Regardless, as far as recovering data from your phone, there are a few things going against you at this point:

• If these data are photos. Were you using iCloud Photos to sync them? If so, and you still have access to the Apple ID that you used then, you may be able to recover them
  • For other data, again the issue will be the Apple ID you used. Especially if you were backing up this phone to iCloud. On the other hand, if you were backing up to a computer, you may be able to access that data from there.
  • The biggest issue will be that if you cannot access the phone (that is, it will not boot up to the phone's "desktop" screen), you will not be able to either access data from it or restore it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 3:30 PM in response to Alfiewilliams

Based on what you posted, it may be possible that one or more hardware components on this iPhone failed. FWIW, I have had a both the 1st & 2nd gen models, and currently have the 3rd gen one, and never experienced anything like this on any of them.

Regardless, as far as recovering data from your phone, there are a few things going against you at this point:

• If these data are photos. Were you using iCloud Photos to sync them? If so, and you still have access to the Apple ID that you used then, you may be able to recover them
  • For other data, again the issue will be the Apple ID you used. Especially if you were backing up this phone to iCloud. On the other hand, if you were backing up to a computer, you may be able to access that data from there.
  • The biggest issue will be that if you cannot access the phone (that is, it will not boot up to the phone's "desktop" screen), you will not be able to either access data from it or restore it.

iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.