Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Integration / sync between Apple Reminders and Calendar?

Is it really still not possible to add Tasks to Calendar and have changes in one sync to the other?

Searchign gher forums I see there are numerous requests for this over several years (and hundreds of 'Me too' on most of them), but still no evidence of it working. To be able to time-block in Calendar using items from the To Do list, and have them update if altered in either app is such an obvious requirement... really hoping I'm just missing something. Am I? Can anyone help please?

Devices: Macbook Pro, iPhone, iPad

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2023 12:46 PM

I have been slamming the me too button, giving feedback through the forms, and following these community posts for years now. There is no way they haven't jotted this software development down as a dev/fix option on their secret, shiny Apple exclusive kanban board software lmao. PLEASE APPLE. JUST FLIP THE SWITCH. I was really hoping Sonoma would have this stupid blindspot fixed. Guess we'll have to wait for a whole new operating system where Apple says wow hey, we have this new incredible feature no one's ever heard of... *REMINDERS AND CALENDAR IS NOW INTEGRATED...." Just do it already.

[Edited by Moderator]

57 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2023 12:46 PM in response to Juedne

I have been slamming the me too button, giving feedback through the forms, and following these community posts for years now. There is no way they haven't jotted this software development down as a dev/fix option on their secret, shiny Apple exclusive kanban board software lmao. PLEASE APPLE. JUST FLIP THE SWITCH. I was really hoping Sonoma would have this stupid blindspot fixed. Guess we'll have to wait for a whole new operating system where Apple says wow hey, we have this new incredible feature no one's ever heard of... *REMINDERS AND CALENDAR IS NOW INTEGRATED...." Just do it already.

[Edited by Moderator]

Mar 8, 2024 5:46 PM in response to Juedne

@apple PLEASE integrate the two!

Not everything in the calendar is an event or appointment! I have daily errands and tasks that I do with some notes on them and they are currently all in my reminders. Which is great as a bullet list/ cross out option. However when certain tasks are assigned to a specific date or even more detailed time I would prefer to also see it on my calendar so I don't have to constantly switch between two apps!

Right now I have settled for manually duplicating my tasks/reminders to my calendar and setting them for “all day” to show it’s a task. This helps it bring the event to the top of the day where I can easily see it. 

This spot could be very useful for integrating both systems. Please consider on the next update!!!

Jan 2, 2024 11:53 AM in response to alexfromnewport news

alexfromnewport news wrote:

I guess everyone else is missing the point. Why not have them sync (Not a 3rd party solution)? Why install a bunch of other software when we should be able to use the native software? IMHO, they both do the same things. One displays as a calendar and one as a set of lists. It's a waste, writing the same code twice. Now that is tech debt! Put them both together and let us decide what to display as a list and others as a calendar. If a simple person as myself can think of this then the highly paid people at Apple should have figured this out.

As a general answer, the “native” software provide by Apple is rather basic. For every Apple app there are several to dozens of 3rd party apps with more capabilities. I’m sure this is intentional, to encourage 3rd party developers rather than compete with them. If Apple provided feature-rich apps there would be little incentive to write for Apple’s platforms. The strategy works, because there are over a million 3rd party apps in the app store.

Aug 21, 2023 11:02 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for replying :-) Pity. I wonder why? It seems crazy to have to hunt for a 3rd party app for this when Apple has two excellent apps that just need to talk to each other.

I did look at Motion and Fantastical, but whilst happy to pay for apps, I only buy from developers with a non-invasive privacy policy (so not Motion) and for this kind of thing I'd only pay a one-off fee. (I hate this push towards subscriptions; with the exception of essential privacy apps, I'm done with it).

Motion is especially ridiculous in that respect. It is (as you note) a bit rough - with an insane subscription cost and a totally unnacceptable 'privacy' policy: $34 per month, and despite being a paid app, they're data-scraping and selling user data: 'We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our Site over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use.'

Sorted3 looks promising. (One-off fee and excellent Privacy policy). It syncs with Calendars for some aspects its own task list, but not all, so it's not quite there yet.

Dec 28, 2023 11:17 PM in response to Juedne

I guess everyone else is missing the point. Why not have them sync (Not a 3rd party solution)? Why install a bunch of other software when we should be able to use the native software? IMHO, they both do the same things. One displays as a calendar and one as a set of lists. It's a waste, writing the same code twice. Now that is tech debt! Put them both together and let us decide what to display as a list and others as a calendar. If a simple person as myself can think of this then the highly paid people at Apple should have figured this out.

Aug 21, 2023 11:02 AM in response to Juedne

Juedne wrote:

Thanks for replying :-) Pity. I wonder why? It seems crazy to have to hunt for a 3rd party app for this when Apple has two excellent apps that just need to talk to each other.

No one here in this user-to-user forum would be able to answer that. However, you can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Apple's productivity apps have always been pretty basic. It makes sense that their free apps would be pretty basic, leaving the space open to third-party developers who charge money (of which Apple gets a cut). I also suspect that a lot of people want simple.

Oct 30, 2023 10:56 AM in response to Juedne

BusyCal is the best solution I've seen, in functionality and pricing. Beware though, no 3rd party app can access all of the features Apple includes in Reminders (Tags, Groups, ...). I suspect Apple has a contract with Microsoft, from when Steve Jobs came back to Apple, and needed a M$ investment to keep Apple alive, that limits their ability to offer certain capabilities that match M$s apps. Does this explain why they don't let developers access Tags or group information?? This is only speculation, but those who know of Apples deeper history, know of the well integrated PIM, Claris Organizer, which morphed to Palm Organizer and then faded away with Palm.

$50 for a perpetual license, which includes 18 months of feature upgrades (perpetual use after that, including (so far) upgrades to keep working across OS versions.

--

If your 18 month period of free updates has expired, you may renew your license at a discount between 20-40% off the original price(subject to current promotional offerings), in order to receive an additional 18 months of updates and improvements. Please note:

• This is not a subscription. However, you benefit by receiving frequent improvements and bug fixes.

--

Integration / sync between Apple Reminders and Calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.