Hidden MDM profiles in iPad and iPhone

I have found that I have hidden unremovable MDM profiles in my iPhone and iPad. Can someone tell me how to get rid of them and who installed them?

I found payload manifests and profile content/restrictions in the log folder MC State in a sysdiagnose that I ran on both devices. An example:

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 1:06 AM

5 replies

May 13, 2024 8:23 AM in response to SashaSun1981

SashaSun1981 wrote:

Did you ever get an answer to this?!

Cellular carriers can have profiles for carrier-associated Wi-Fi networks used to offload cellular networks when available,

and other managed profiles will typically show up in settings,

and second-hand iPhone and iPad and Mac can sometimes arrive with profiles when the equipment was improperly released from supervision or was stolen,

and logs and telemetry are routinely filled with ominous and scarily-worded and utterly-benign messages.

Do you have particular symptoms or issues or concerns?

Related reading: Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

Run Safety Check described there, as a starting point.

Aug 23, 2023 12:40 AM in response to MrHoffman

Again, not a very helpful answer. Can someone else explain to me why there are hidden configuration profiles on my devices, and how I can get rid of them? My devices have never been managed since purchased new from Apple, and now this

Aug 23, 2023 8:43 AM in response to Community User

CCGE wrote:

Again, not a very helpful answer. Can someone else explain to me why there are hidden configuration profiles on my devices, and how I can get rid of them? My devices have never been managed since purchased new from Apple, and now this

None of what has been presented clearly indicates there is anything being managed. Nothing of what has posted supports the conjecture.

So yes, my reply was unhelpful.

For the goal of proving a device is being mysteriously managed—beyond the cellular Wi-Fi and carrier settings for used for carrier apps and such—the information provided is inconclusive at best.

And given that this info is in a log, there are all sorts of generic and ominous and scarily-worded details shown in those.

Hidden MDM profiles in iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.