Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Cancelling Hint App Subscription

It seems I'm not the only one who has been paying for months for the Hint app/subscription without any means to really cancel it. It's supposedly free with the option to cancel subscription at any time. Hopefully Apple will remove that app soon as it's a complete scam.

Anyways, wanted to just share what worked for me to cancel (although time will tell - I'll make sure to update here again in future on further feedback):

1. Go to the Hint website https://hint.app
  2. Chat to the bot, follow cancel subscription prompts
  3. It may tell you (like it did with me) that you are not registered via their mobile (which I was) but rather registered via their web.  Accept it and view web prompts
  4. It will then give you a personal subscription portal link (Mine was https://hint-us.chargebeeportal.com/portal/v2/login?forward=portal_main) where you will be supplying your email address and login via an OTP.
  5. I was albe to cancel from here.  Hope the same works for you.

Good luck!

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2024 8:18 AM

This company is scamming people. I don’t have an account and didn’t authorize payment but they keep pulling money from my account. I looking into seeking counsel. As this is not right.

Similar questions

41 replies

Jan 14, 2024 7:51 PM in response to Yt2911

This didn't work for me, I tried the cancellation bot and it says I don't have an account, then I tried that link that the OP posted and it says "Looks like you don’t have an account with us". Is there another way to cancel with them!?! I'm so frustrated and I can't believe I fell for this scammy company.

Jun 6, 2024 12:44 PM in response to lana841

I foolishly also signed up for the Hint app. I never received their welcome email & couldn't find the subscription anywhere on any of my devices. I wrote to hint.app and thought I had cancelled my subscription. I even took a screengrab of their cancellation notice. I was still charged during their "free" trial period days later. So, I got back on the website where a bot told me that I was charged as I never cancelled. Very frustrating. I think I've protected myself with my bank to refuse additional charges, but I agree that Apple should not offer this fraudelnt app.

I reported the Hint App as a scam to Instagram.

Mar 24, 2024 3:05 AM in response to lana841

This is a astrology app marketed mainly on Instagram it's supposed to be free for a trial and then they charge u even if u Dont want a subscription. I Didnt realize the first charged me 59cents yet it was supposed to be free. I even thought “hmm..asking for my card was weird” then today I got a charge of 19.99 thank god I Didnt have cash in my apple pay or It would have taken it and I would be in the same boat as others trying to get my money back. I let apple know I Didnt know at first what company it was till I did some research on it and recalled seeing the adds on Instagram. They are charging us up the *** for stuff u can google and get free. I checked out the website once and never thought about it again yet here it is trying to charge me for a subscription. I followed the steps above and it let me cancel i just had to sign in using my cloud email so others should try that it took me all of 2mins. Hope that helps others to cancel for good!

Cancelling Hint App Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.