AirPod issues: out of case when in case + right only charging to 80%

Hi! So my AirPods are almost a year old. They are the AirPod pros Gen 2. Lately I’ve been having an issue with the right one. It’s only charging to 80% and it’ll say that it’s outside of case when it’s in the case. Today it’s been saying they are both outside of case. Which is odd since both are in. I’ve tried to reset them. I did it multiple times but I’m not sure what else to do.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 5:43 PM

zelle_6A_ Said:

"AirPod issues: out of case when in case + right only charging to 80%"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charge:

How to Fix This:

Try troubleshooting the power manually...

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 5:43 PM in response to zelle_6A_

zelle_6A_ Said:

"AirPod issues: out of case when in case + right only charging to 80%"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charge:

How to Fix This:

Try troubleshooting the power manually...

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

May 12, 2024 12:08 AM in response to zelle_6A_

Hi,

Have you tried simply depleting their battery?

I remember having the same issue with my AirPods Pro 2nd Gen yesterday, but I depleted both AirPods and the Case and recharged them and they are now back to normal, not a single issue since.

To do this, connect your AirPods Pro to your iPhone, iPad, iMac etc. And start playing something long and lengthy, for example, a film. Leave your AirPods there and keep the media running or on repeat. I would purposely recommend using an iMac, if you have one.

If that doesn’t/did not work, try restarting your device. It might not be the AirPods that are acting up.

I hope I was able to help 👍🏻

AirPod issues: out of case when in case + right only charging to 80%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.