Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How to identify fake airpods

Right so i did some digging and this is what i found on how to identify them. Please note i am talking about AIRPOD PROS. I am not completely sure if all these work on other generations, but the ones i am sure of ill mark with *

1. *check the serial number. If it lines up with a true product, it might be trues, but don't stop here!
  2. *check the box, there is usually just an off font or colour if its fake.
  3. *Check the case quality. If you can slide a fingernail between two parts, it is most definitely fake. If the AirPods themselves come out very easily, it is fake. If the hinge feels cheap, its fake
  4. check the AirPods themselves. If it does not seal properly, its fake. If it randomly pauses, its fake. If your spacial audio feels off, its fake. *If anything sounds kinda weird it might be fake. If the ear tips snap often/come loose, its fake.
  5. *do a drop test. Take an airpod and drop it from about maybe 1-2 meters (3-6 foot). If the AirPod breaks, it is fake. Trues are much harder to break.

i hope this helps anyone who wants to buy second hand. If you know more tricks, please leave them in the replies.

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 2:58 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

How to identify fake airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.