Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Missing page sizes on printer since upgrade to Sonoma 14.4

Hi folks, I upgraded to macOS Sonoma 14.4 and the printer I use does not have the page sizes that were present before the update - for example SRA3 is missing. The printer is connected via a Fiery Server.

please see attached screen grab. I just to have generic page sizes - the generic printer option is not on.

Does anyone have any ideas?

iMac 24″

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 1:51 AM

Dear Apple developers & forum moderators. It would be very helpful if you could get in touch here and

a) confirm that you are aware of the problem

b) offer us a time horizon for a solution

18 replies

Apr 4, 2024 3:40 AM in response to imacuser20111

I'm also getting annoyed by this.

While I have found that yes you can dig through going to Printer/Selecting the printer/scrolling down to paper handling/ Then checking fit paper size/And yes at last I've the paper size options. That shouldn't have to be the case. We should be able to keep doing the same easy click Page Setup/Select the printer/ And yes just elect the paper size.

Come on Apple fix what you've broken.

Mar 30, 2024 2:19 PM in response to imacuser20111

We print our medium and large format sheets on an HP T230 -24". After spending way too much time trying on my own, I called HP. It wasn't easy or quick to get to someone who understood the issue; however, I finally got to a tech who was on it. She used remote access and started drilling into the setup, but ultimately found that the large list of sheet sizes had moved from the print setup window to a toggle-down in the print window. I'm not sure this is true of all the programs we use, but for our CAD program Vectorworks, it does. The new print window has a set of toggle-down sub-windows. One of which is "Paper Handling." Under Paper Handling, we toggled on "Scale to Fit Paper Size" and then selected our preferred paper size. Once that is done, the paper size stays as selected for later files.

Mar 26, 2024 1:59 PM in response to imacuser20111

Same issue here. Only since 14.4. All 14.3.1 macs work ok, but once any of them upgrade to 14.4 the non standard page sizes are missing from Page Setup screens.

If it helps at all we have

Xerox C60 with Fiery v2.1 - latest fiery drivers, admittedly from Nov 2022

Xerox WC7845, without Fiery - latest drivers

Canon C3225 no fiery - latest drivers

Printers have been added via IP and also tested via bonjour.

What I can see is that any app needing to use Page Setup will not show any printer specific info for page sizes. However, in an app with Paper Size built into the print menu (Chrome / Preview) that extra sizes do show, but any app like Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Word, the page setup does not show the extra info.

Examples below. Same printer (Xerox C60) in Chrome (shows SRA3) and Word (does not show SRA3)

Some forums have mentioned anyone running Microsoft Defender needs to run a command to allow full disk access for com.microsoft.dlp.daemon, however we don't run Defender so this doesn't help us.

running cupsctl in terminal shows what i would expect

Today's 14.4.1 update also hasn't fixed anything.

the CUPS interface also seems standard. It shows the correct driver installed, and show all driver specific settings.

That's about as far as I've got, other than blocking the 14.4 update from running on the rest of our machines.

Mar 29, 2024 1:26 AM in response to Doug Thompson

Hi Doug, thanks for the reply - I haven't found a fix, but a kind of workaround is to go to print > printer options >

fiery features (we use a fiery rip) it may be printer features for you > quick access.

Then you can access your list of paper sizes. The only problem is that page setup needs to be the same size in the print dialogue box as the print options page setup which of course are missing so I had to create custom page sizes for them to match eg SRA3.

If you don't match the two page setups the image will be cropped. This is a real pain though.

Thanks

Missing page sizes on printer since upgrade to Sonoma 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.