Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Siri crackling and echoing at the end of her response

Not sure if it has anything to do with the latest update 14.4, but Siri crackles and echoes every time when she finishes responding to me.. I have been troubleshooting with Apple to no avail. I'm gonna contact them tomorrow and send them a video. Unfortunately I can't upload one here, but I'm just wondering if anybody else is having an issue because they haven't heard anything yet about this problem... I'm going to the extent of creating a new user, and it worked fine, but then stopped working properly to restore it to factory settings… To do in the complete system restore and it hasn't helped (2020 MacBook Pro)

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 9:13 PM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2024 9:55 AM in response to LeslieM825

I updated to the latest version a few weeks ago. Ever since, my Macbook Air gets hot (especially when charging) and the fan nearly runs non-stop. I keep it on a flat surface and free of dust/debris. When searching for an issue resolution to this problem, it came up with a Siri problem using too much CPU. I had not used Siri since the upgrade, but tested it and find I now have the same blipping/echoing issue as described above.

Even after resetting the fan and the PRAM multiple times, I still have the blipping from Siri at the end of responses. My fan continues to run constantly and the laptop runs hot after only a few minutes.

Siri crackling and echoing at the end of her response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.