Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

iPadOS 17.4: AVCaptureMetadataOutput delegate not called

After my iPad 6 upgrades from iOS 17.3 to 17.4, the AVCaptureMetadataOutput delegate is not called anymore. I find there is the same problem in a stackoverflow post:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78128010/ipados-17-4-avcapturemetadataoutput-delegate-not-called-qrscanner

An Apple webpage said the "QR code scanning" issue is fixed in iPadOS 17.4.1:

If your iPad is unable to scan QR codes after updating to iPadOS 17.4 - Apple Support

That's true, I confirm that on my iPad 6.

But, unfortunately, iPadOS 17.4.1 does fix ONLY QR code scanning! It doesn't fix barcode scanning, like Code 39😭

Please Apple fix the barcode scanning issue, too.

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 6:45 PM

The people that work for Apple may or may or may not read postings around here.

Log your iPadOS 17.4.1 feedback with Apple Developer Support.

8 replies

iPadOS 17.4: AVCaptureMetadataOutput delegate not called

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.