Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Payment method on refund request

Ok I have a problem. I'm requesting a refund and its in review. But I thought what if I get the refund requested, the payment method that used to pay for the item on my refund request I don't have that card anymore, I lost it! So what is there to do? Can I re route the refund to another payment method if it gets approved?? I don't want my funds to get lost 😔. Please help!!!

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 3:56 PM

So, which card is misplaced?

My Wallet app distinctly shows the 20+ cards in my Wallet app. Look at the cards in your possession. Compare the cards in your Wallet app to the ones in your possession. The one that’s missing is the one that needs to be replaced by the bank.

This isn’t that complicated.

5 replies

Apr 28, 2024 7:08 AM in response to nessarey90

Just request a new card. Generally speaking, the funds must be returned to the original payment method. You can see Payment Methods in your Apple ID Account. Please follow this path,

iPhone > Settings app > Apple ID Account (Your Name near top of screen) > Payment & Shipping > Payment Methods > review listed cards and compare last 4 digits of your card to transaction receipts

Payment method on refund request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.