Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 13 Siri talking fast and passcode won't open phone

iPhone 13 - Siri talking very fast. There's a box around my time on the home screen. I can swipe up and it asks for my 4-digit passcode. When I enter that - Siri repeats the numeral back to me and then the alpha's associated with that numeral. The phone will not open at all. I have shut down and brought back up. The flashlight does not work - nor the camera. However, Siri speedily says "flashlight" and "camera". I hooked it to my laptop and I get a message that I have an accessory connected but unable to use accessory. My Apple watch DOES find my phone (the phone sounds off when I locate from my Apple watch). Please advise.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 1:28 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2024 2:55 AM in response to Mfmaxx

What have you enabled?

With VoiceOver—a gesture-based screen reader—you can use iPhone even if you can't see the screen. VoiceOver gives audible descriptions of what's on your screen—from battery level, to who's calling, to which app your finger is on. You can also adjust the speaking rate and pitch to suit your needs.

Turn on and practice VoiceOver on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content. Adjust any of the following: Speak Selection: To hear text you selected, tap the Speak button. Speak Screen: To hear the entire screen, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing ...

On your device, go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Typing Feedback. From here, you can turn on the following: Character feedback: Turn on Characters to have your device speak letters as you type.

Use Typing Feedback on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Turn on Dictation

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Turn on Enable Dictation.

Dictate text on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

iPhone 13 Siri talking fast and passcode won't open phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.