How do I keep my phone cool while taking photos in the sun?

I take headstone photos in cemeteries using an extender and a remote clicker. First the screen gets dark, and I can't see my subject. Then my iPhone 15 Pro overheats, and I get the message to let it cool down. I have had a similar problem with all previous models but the 15 seems to be worse. Anytime the outside tempature gets over 75 degrees I have a problem. I take the case off and try to keep it in the shade as much as possible. A large cemetery could take 4-5 hours. I get the cool down message in 15 minutes. What can I do to extend the time I am taking photos?

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on May 5, 2024 4:06 AM

2 replies

May 6, 2024 10:02 AM in response to SravanKrA

I only have two hands. Walking through a cemetery taking 1500 photos with one hand while carrying an umbrella in the other is impossible. Most cemeteries have no shade trees. I have tried keeping it in the shade between photos. It dosen't seem to be just the sun; it is the surrounding heat combined with the iPhone generated heat. I am going to try small freezer packs and velcro on the phone...

How do I keep my phone cool while taking photos in the sun?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.