Passcode issue

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of some help with my iPhone 12. While transferring data to my new iPhone 15 Pro Max, I encountered a major problem. The process asked for my iPhone 12's passcode, which I entered correctly, but it didn't accept it. After several attempts, my iPhone 12 got locked, displaying "iPhone unavailable." Now I can't access my phone or my data.

I visited Apple Support in Baku, Azerbaijan, but they told me the only solution was to reset the device. This would erase all my data, including photos and important memories, which I really don't want to lose.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it without a factory reset? Are there any workarounds or tips to unlock the phone without losing all the data? I would appreciate any advice or guidance you can offer.

It's frustrating that Apple suggests a factory reset as the only solution. I think there must be a better way to address this problem without risking data loss. If you have any insights, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on May 5, 2024 7:11 AM

2 replies

Passcode issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.