Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

MacBook Pro intermittently won't wake up after being asleep overnight

My MacBook Pro sometimes won't wake up after being asleep a long time (overnight). I have to hold down the power button for quite a while to get it to turn back on. When it does come on, it boots up like it had been powered down.

I am afraid this is happening because I spilled some water on it a few months ago. I let it dry out a couple of days and things seemed to work ok for a while but this started happening a few months after that incident and has been happening with increasing frequency since so I'm not sure it's related.

I also suspect it could be because I'm a couple of versions behind on MacOS and it keeps nagging me to update.

Finally, I'm wondering if it could be some of the software I have running (Hazel, Dropbox client, OneDrive client, 1password, auto mounter and Synology Drive client).

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on May 13, 2024 7:34 AM

7 replies

May 24, 2024 11:41 AM in response to BDAqua

I figured I'd report back that I'm just monitoring the situation at the moment because I think I found the culprit. I noticed that I had the same network drive attached several times and it's not the first time I noticed something like that. I suspected the "Automounter" utility I was using to remount my share whenever I get back on the appropriate network may be causing the problem so I shut it down and rebooted. I've been operating for over a week now without it and the problem hasn't resurfaced so I suspect that this utility was the cause. I'm going to operate on the assumption that was the problem and see if the problem resurfaces.

May 13, 2024 7:44 AM in response to MaxKaladin

Hi, I doubt it's because you're not updated.

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255121100?answerId=259529290022#259529290022

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

MacBook Pro intermittently won't wake up after being asleep overnight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.