Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple Watch - Did not do as advertised and as a result became a detriment to my Health

I contacted Apple at the end of March 2024.

I spoke of a person named Katherine and most recently someone named Ross.  My issue was originally that I had been given a watch by my family for my birthday in November 2023 to help me keep an eye on my A-Fib.  I wore this watch from December until May when a visit to a Pacemaker Clinic revealed that there had been a drastic increase in my A-fib from a previous percentage of 22% to 64%.  That 64% occurred from beginning of December until this poing. My Apple watch had consistently, every week, reported that I had been in a-fib 2% or less.The Pacemaker Clinic reported that the increase had started the beginning of December, the same time I started wearing the apple watch.

I had been ill during this period and had made a visit to an Emergency Room as well as many Doctor's appointments.  There had been no definitive diagnosis given. I did raise the question if the watch could be at issue.  The answer was the same as the one I had found when I first researched the watch: No problem if I kept the watch 6 inches away from my pacemaker. I also spoke with the makers of the pacemaker who provided the same answer.  I am now scheduled for a procedure to attempt to correct the a-fib diagnosis. I have of course stopped wearing the watch

I have talked with an Apple representative almost every week since I reported my concern.  My watch was downloaded and logged and sent to the Engineering Department.  Several times, weekly scheduled calls were missed without my being informed.  

Frustrated, I asked if I could escalate this call to a manager or if my customer care rep could speak to the engineering department for me to find out the cause.

The response I was given from Ross was that there was no protocol from Apple for any customer to escalate (in health issues) past customer care.  That he could not call or contact the engineering department.  That I was unable to speak with his direct manager Eli. Ross did not have the technical knowledge to answer my questions.

Today I received the results of the Engineering Department that stated I was among a subset of individuals who had received a False Positive Rating and that the apple watch had a 92.6 sensitivity rating and a 98.8% specificity rating.  A duplicated sheet with all apple watch users and A-Fib was attached.

End of Story!  I am part of a Sub-set!

No where else to go, no one else to speak to?  No suggestion that I might be reimbursed, no concern that others may be in danger because of false reporting by the watch? No concern that I was about to under-go a procedure that can have adverse complications? No indication that I was lucky that I had gone to a pacemaker clinic to find out the watch was not working? No concern that their statistics were only on reported cases?  The only option I had was to compose questions that Ross could then take to the Engineering department.  Remember I have waited over a month for the information I have already received.

Has anyone else had any positive results when trying to reach someone in management?  If so, how did you go about it?

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 13, 2024 10:59 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Watch - Did not do as advertised and as a result became a detriment to my Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.