Can't open the lid with one hand

Hey guys. I bought the MacBook Air M2 a couple weeks ago and I just can't open the lid with one hand. The base simply slides onto the desk. And it's very strange because every other MacBook model I've seen doesn't slide. Anyone having the same issue or knows how to solve it?

I'm not gonna lie, I was thinking about putting a drop of soda or something sticky on the support rubber that goes on the desk.

Also it's every kind of desk. I work at an office furniture store and I tried on every kind of desk we have here and it keeps sliding. It doesn't happen with anyone else's laptop, including MacBooks.

Cheers.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 13, 2024 2:35 PM

4 replies

May 14, 2024 6:16 AM in response to tbirdvet

Oh ok. I didn't know. The last model I had was the 12" but long time ago, but can't really remember if it opened with one hand. The thing about this specific model is that I think it is so light that it slides like at any level of pressure. Or maybe I just need to get used to it. My last laptop was about 2.5Kg without the charger, now it just feels like im walking around with an empty backpack hehehe

But thank you for the answer and help. It's good to know there's nothing wrong with it :D

Can't open the lid with one hand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.