On sheet 5 of my spreadsheet I entered the several small arrow shapes in different parts on that sheet

The screen presentation looked great. When I went to print the shapes were on page 4, BUT not on page 5. I closed document restarted my Mac with Sonora 14.4.1 & Numbers 14.0, again the screen presentation was correct with shape on page 5. Again the printout showed shapes only on page4. How do I fix this?

Thanks for a great program-Stowell

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on May 13, 2024 3:03 PM

5 replies

May 14, 2024 12:54 AM in response to scwerden

Please click on File -> Print and then check the print preview to see if all the shapes are within the selected print area. Are the shapes all located in the correct page in print preview? You can also check on the Content Scale option on the right side of the print preview because the scaling can cause content to shift between pages sometimes.

Another workaround may be to export your Excel to a PDF first, and then print the PDF. You could pay attention to whether the shapes are still on the correct page after exporting to PDF.

May 14, 2024 10:37 AM in response to OliviaMarsh

Thank you for your suggestions; The preview of print shows all shapes on pg 4 not on pg 5. Changing scale from 71% to less made no difference. Changing to PDF also kept shapes on pg 4 not 5. I'm wondering if page size make this happen? Pages 1-4 are fill the page size 8.5" X 14", whereas pg 5 is what's left over but also on paper size 8.5" x 14".

document print preview

Thanks again for your thoughts

Stowell

May 15, 2024 7:50 AM in response to OliviaMarsh

Below @ 50% is full shot of page5

All shapes are where they ar supposed to be

Next is print preview of a portion of page 4 & page 5

showing shapes out of position

Lastly: Page 3, 4, & 5; printer preview showing shapes on pg 4, none on pg5 where they are supposed to be portion no shapes

Incidental, whether cells and or shapes were locked seems to make no difference, also moving them around on page 4 does not make the appear on page 5, they move on page 4 only.

thanks for you help

Stowell

May 14, 2024 11:18 PM in response to scwerden

In Numbers, what do page 4 and 5 look like? How do they differ from the print review? Could you please send more screenshots for reference?

Maybe you can try moving the shapes slightly on page 5 and see how their location will change in print preview. I also suggest that you try placing the shapes a bit more centrally or ensuring they're not too close to any margins that might be causing them to shift.

On sheet 5 of my spreadsheet I entered the several small arrow shapes in different parts on that sheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.