Manually Turn On Game Mode

Has anyone heard anything about potentially allowing for Game Mode to be switched on manually in a future update? I've tried using Xbox Cloud Gaming on my MacBook M3 Pro and it works good enough. The only problem is the input lag using an Xbox controller is pretty noticeable at times. Game Mode would allow for lower latency using bluetooth devices, and hopefully solve the input lag issue allowing for a smoother experience. Unfortunately, because it is a web app, it does not switch on Game Mode when Full Screen is activated and I have not found a way to do so. I would love to be able to switch Game Mode on manually on apps that would not natively support it, or to be able to designate apps to trigger Game Mode when in Full Screen.

I've found some other users experiencing similar issue online, but not enough evidence to show that this is something close to being on Apple's radar.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 13, 2024 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2024 4:06 PM

blindreaperlp wrote:

Has anyone heard anything about potentially allowing for Game Mode to be switched on manually in a future update? I've tried using Xbox Cloud Gaming on my MacBook M3 Pro and it works good enough. The only problem is the input lag using an Xbox controller is pretty noticeable at times. Game Mode would allow for lower latency using bluetooth devices, and hopefully solve the input lag issue allowing for a smoother experience. Unfortunately, because it is a web app, it does not switch on Game Mode when Full Screen is activated and I have not found a way to do so. I would love to be able to switch Game Mode on manually on apps that would not natively support it, or to be able to designate apps to trigger Game Mode when in Full Screen.

I've found some other users experiencing similar issue online, but not enough evidence to show that this is something close to being on Apple's radar.

ref: Use Game Mode on Mac

Play games on your Mac - Apple Support

You can submit your Apple Feedback or file a bug report, same link here: Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2024 4:06 PM in response to blindreaperlp

blindreaperlp wrote:

ref: Use Game Mode on Mac

Play games on your Mac - Apple Support

You can submit your Apple Feedback or file a bug report, same link here: Product Feedback - Apple

Manually Turn On Game Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.