Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

multiple values in cells - I think?!

Hi!

I need help in setting a formula for this.

This is to record batting scores in cricket. The coloured numbers in the rows at the top are for runs scored by the batter; 1's (1 run), 2,s (2 runs) etc..

So what I need to be able to do is document the quantity of these runs by entering in a single number: EG Batter A scored 3 x 2's and 4 x 6's in his innings. This would amount to 30 runs in total. The total then added in final column.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

James

Posted on May 14, 2024 3:39 AM

1 reply

May 14, 2024 6:25 AM in response to jamescam79

Hello!

I don’t know much about cricket. This being said, it seems that column C always contains a “rating” of 2 and column F a “rating” of 6. So if, columns B through G always indicate their same constant rating, the following formula in column H (example for Row 5) should be:

= B5 + C5 x 2 + D5 x 3 + E5 x 4 + F5 x 5 + G5 x 6

multiple values in cells - I think?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.