Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple charging me $5.99 monthly

Apple has been charging me $5.99 monthly. My problem is whenever I don’t have the money in my account it won’t charge me and then I can’t download any apps. Whenever I try to download apps it says I need to update my card/payment details. It won’t let me use my current card which now does have enough money on it. How do I fix this problem and how can I be able to download apps once again?

Posted on May 14, 2024 5:44 AM

1 reply

May 14, 2024 7:23 AM in response to User12_34

You have a subscription or forgot about a free trial that you may have signed up for and forgot to cancel it. That does not happen by accident as you would need to double click the side button with the amount showing on the screen followed by verification using TouchID/FaceID or Passcode. This can also happen if you are an Organizer of a Family Sharing plan with Purchase Sharing turned on to allow family member to use your card. To cancel a subscription, go here:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Whenever you owe money, you will not be able to use the App Store until that amount is paid for and you have a valid payment method. A card with no money on it is not a valid payment method. The payment method may also be deemed invalid if there are repeated attempts to process the transaction and if fails.

Apple charging me $5.99 monthly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.