Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Keeping Macbook Pro plugged to Charger during day time

Hello all,

I know there are similar questions related to this topic with answers but I want to give more details to my case. I work and study at home on my MacBook Pro 2019. I always want to connect it with two external monitors using a very small Docking Station and my computer needs to be connected to the charger so that it stays on when closing the lid and also in order not to consume the battery very quickly.

Is it okay to always keep my MacBook Pro connected to the charger from morning till bed time and then disconnect it?

I have noticed also that the battery currently doesn't last for a long time even when I don't have many programmes running in the background. What could be the reason?

I am using macOS Sonoma.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 15, 2024 4:09 AM

2 replies

May 15, 2024 4:58 AM in response to bisher0707

Is it okay to always keep my MacBook Pro connected to the charger from morning till bed time and then disconnect it?

Yes.

You don't have to disconnect it. You don't have to obsess about charging your Mac, not charging it, etc. Charge it when it needs to be charged. When it does not need to be charged, it won't charge, whether it's plugged in or not. Your Mac worries about charging its battery. Not you. You have no control over it anyway.

I have noticed also that the battery currently doesn't last for a long time even when I don't have many programmes running in the background. What could be the reason?

Read If your Mac battery runs out of charge quickly - Apple Support.

Keeping Macbook Pro plugged to Charger during day time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.