Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Apple News Audio icon missing on all my devices

I am currently running iOS 17.5, iPadOS 17.5, macOS 14.5 and Apple News + is not showing the audio icon on the bottom of the app on any of my devices that have Apple News +. I have factory reset all of my Apple devices and set them up as new and not from a back but the audio button in Apple News + still doesn’t show. I’ve talked to Apple who has confirmed the feature is available in Canada. Engineering is currently looking into it but I’m not sure if anyone else knows or has a fix for the missing audio icon in Apple News. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 18, 2024 12:19 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2024 1:10 AM in response to torontostew

With an Apple News+ subscription, you can listen to audio versions of select Apple News+ stories in the News app and in the Podcasts app.

Listen to audio stories in News on iPhone. If you subscribe to Apple News+, you can listen to audio versions of select News+ in the News app .

Listen to audio stories in News on iPhone

In the News app , you can listen to Apple News Today, an audio briefing of the day's top stories hosted by Apple News editors. With an Apple News+ subscription, ..

Listen to Apple News Today on iPhone

Apple News Audio icon missing on all my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.