Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autosaves in "com.apple.iWork.Numbers"

Hello Apple Communities,

I am cleaning my mac hard drive and found the file "com.apple.iWork.Numbers". Size 33.07 GB.

File path: Macintosh HD/Users/Jon/Library/Containers/com.apple.iWork.Numbers

There is a folder "Autosave Information" inside the file's package contents that 33 GB. I feel I can potentially save some space here. Any way to get rid of these? Thank you.

Jon

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 5:20 AM

That folder on mine is small but it is worrisome for a different reason. In mine are autosaves of a file that I keep in a password protected disk image using a different password than my computer log-in. I am able to open them and look at their contents in the "autosave" folder. This is a security hole if anyone was savvy enough to find them. However, I noticed all of the files were a year old or two old. I deleted them.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 5:20 AM in response to blue042

That folder on mine is small but it is worrisome for a different reason. In mine are autosaves of a file that I keep in a password protected disk image using a different password than my computer log-in. I am able to open them and look at their contents in the "autosave" folder. This is a security hole if anyone was savvy enough to find them. However, I noticed all of the files were a year old or two old. I deleted them.

Nov 14, 2019 10:37 AM in response to blue042

Thank you for the replies. It gave me the courage to delete the 33 GB of autosaves.

After about 20 minutes the "com.apple.iWork.Numbers" reduced in size from 33 GB to 6 MB.

I expected deleting the autosaves would mean I couldn't view past Versions of Numbers files anymore, but I still can for some reason. My backup drive is disconnected, so it's not pulling them from Time Machine either.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Autosaves in "com.apple.iWork.Numbers"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.