Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to get photos to download from iPhone 8

I have an iPhone 8 that is out of memory and about 1,000 pictures/videos. I'm trying to download to my computer but keep running into issues. When I try to do the automated download, part way through I get an error message that the computer cannot connect to the phone. So I tried to cut and paste the files and at first that seemed to work. Photos from the phone appeared to be deleted as I went through the process but then I would hit the same error message. After reconnecting the phone, the old photos I deleted would reappear, and they would also be on the computer. Is my phone corrupt? Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 9:39 AM

You have not mentioned: 1. What computer you are using: Is it a Mac or PC? What OS is on the computer? 2. What app you are using to transfer the photos?

This support article might be useful to you:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, I would recommend this: Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 9:39 AM in response to brant1313

You have not mentioned: 1. What computer you are using: Is it a Mac or PC? What OS is on the computer? 2. What app you are using to transfer the photos?

This support article might be useful to you:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, I would recommend this: Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Trying to get photos to download from iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.