Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play pause in YT app ipad pro

Hi,

When i pause a video in YT app with my airpods pro, i can not resume the video with the button. I found out there is a problem with the button changing in the control panel. When i pause the video, the control panel button did not change from pause to play, until i do something. For example look into the panel. Then the button quickly change from pause to play and then after returning to YT app i can resume the video with my buttons on my airpods. This doesnt happen when pressing play button. In this case the button in the control panel is changed and then i can pause the video with no problems. This problem only occurs if i am in the YT app. When i am not in the YT app, play and pause works normally. Notice in the video, when i pause the video and scroll down the panel, the button quickly change from pause to play, but when the video is not paused, nothing changes in the panel and works fine.

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 10:41 AM

Hello,

it does this when i pause the video and immediately try to resume it while the YT application is active and before the ipad pro locks. When the ipad is locked it works fine, when the YT application is not active, but playing, it works fine. The problem is only when i pause and resume active video while being in the YT app. I attached a YT video showing the switching of the button to the first post.

Today i updated to v 14.1 and i noticed the problem is gone (not necessarily by this update, i just didnt try it for some time). The button as well does not switch and is in the right state which it was not as i described above so i guess the bug is gone.

Thanks anyway

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 10:41 AM in response to karina184

Hello,

it does this when i pause the video and immediately try to resume it while the YT application is active and before the ipad pro locks. When the ipad is locked it works fine, when the YT application is not active, but playing, it works fine. The problem is only when i pause and resume active video while being in the YT app. I attached a YT video showing the switching of the button to the first post.

Today i updated to v 14.1 and i noticed the problem is gone (not necessarily by this update, i just didnt try it for some time). The button as well does not switch and is in the right state which it was not as i described above so i guess the bug is gone.

Thanks anyway

Oct 19, 2020 8:37 AM in response to Canmet

Hi Canmet,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Rest assured that we’ll do our best to assist you.

Do you experience the issue if you pause the video, then resume immediately before your iPad Pro locks automatically? Do you only experience the issue if you are trying to resume the video while your iPad Pro is locked or if the app is not active?

We ask these questions because there are some apps that are designed to not play audio or video while the app is inactive.

Cheers!

Play pause in YT app ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.