Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Storage

I am using a MacBook Pro with a 500GB flash storage Hard Drive. When using the Mac Storage Manager as part of the “About this Mac” utility, it shows that I have only 67.57GB remaining. It shows Applications: 15.52, Documents: 145.3GB, Mail : 926.3 MB, Messages : 2.1 MB, Music: 19.45GB, TV: 55MB. Then grayed out is System: 14.94GB, and Other:366.51GB, I have read on the internet that I can see the files in “Other” by looking in ~/Library folder, but there is no where near 366GB worth of files in that folder, so what other files are taking up so much storage in the “Other” category and how can I delete them?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 6:31 PM

For those of you who might have the same issue. The author found a solution via another post here. Basically I downloaded an application called OmniDiskSweeper (: www.omnigroup.com/omnidisksweeper) and was able to find a large block of files that was taking up so much space. It fell into the "other" category, but as it turns out it was 366GB worth of pictures! How stupid to I now feel?? Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 6:31 PM in response to ferris65

For those of you who might have the same issue. The author found a solution via another post here. Basically I downloaded an application called OmniDiskSweeper (: www.omnigroup.com/omnidisksweeper) and was able to find a large block of files that was taking up so much space. It fell into the "other" category, but as it turns out it was 366GB worth of pictures! How stupid to I now feel?? Hope this helps.

MacBook Pro Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.