Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting playlist - why am I getting this error message?

I have tried to export a playlist from the Apple music app. I get an "xlm" file on my desktop. But when I open it, I get an error message about a problem with the contents (see below), but no info on what it might be. The files are fully downloaded onto Apple Music and play just fine. Below is also the "Get Info" profile of one of the songs in the playlist, which is from a single album. Anyone have any experience with this?

thanks

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 3:35 PM

Michael,

All of those options will just give you various formats of listings. They will not include the audio files. (If you look at your XML with Get Info you will see its size is too small to hold audio.)

The easiest way to put a playlist worth of files onto another folder or a flash drive is just to highlight them in Music and drag them in. That puts a copy of each file into the folder or drive, and does not change anything in the library. Make sure the files you are dealing with are local (not in the cloud) and are unprotected audio (not subscription tracks). Try it first with one or two tracks so you can see how it works.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 3:35 PM in response to michael1040

Michael,

All of those options will just give you various formats of listings. They will not include the audio files. (If you look at your XML with Get Info you will see its size is too small to hold audio.)

The easiest way to put a playlist worth of files onto another folder or a flash drive is just to highlight them in Music and drag them in. That puts a copy of each file into the folder or drive, and does not change anything in the library. Make sure the files you are dealing with are local (not in the cloud) and are unprotected audio (not subscription tracks). Try it first with one or two tracks so you can see how it works.

Exporting playlist - why am I getting this error message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.